/American Sportsmen's Alliance/DSPAlliance
AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE,Disabled Sportsmen's Alliance of America
October 15, 2019, 07:24:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links contact us Staff List Login Register Chat  

Anyone ever go tuna fishing?

Recent Items

Views: 5
Comments (0)
By: bear03

Views: 55
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 7
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 13
Comments (0)
By: rthomas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ever go tuna fishing?  (Read 189 times)
smcalvin

« on: January 17, 2012, 08:49:01 pm »

We went every year for 10 years or so. 6 of us decided to give it a shot. First year we had no clue what the *ell we were doing. I jokingly asked the Captain; "so, what's it like to catch one of these things" and he answered; "well, imagine tying your line to the end of a car bumper".

Man, he wasn't kidding.   We got into some 50 pound class yellowfins and I got hooked up. I was just reeling it in - no problem. I said to myself "this ain't sh*t".... and then that sucker saw the boat...  Man - what a rush after that.  Hit 'em some years, not others. Went after a giant trying to hook it up one year but sadly it wasn't interested.

Great fun
Report Spam   Logged

Steve

bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:02 am »

1 time, yah Tires you out thats for sure.  When I lived in fl I use to go out for kings.
Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
rthomas

Live to hunt, hunt to live!

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 10:23:55 am »

I've only been deep sea fishing one time.  I caught a 48lb King, that I filleted and grilled not knowing at the time that it was a wallhanger!
Report Spam   Logged

NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, Everyday Hunter, ASADSPA, and Proud SC redneck still flying the Stars and Bars.
bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:04:48 am »

I caught one about the same size, actually a few, but they sure did taste good. I use to go out alot for dolphinfish also, nothing better than a fresh mahi-mahi steak.
Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
rthomas

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:34:23 am »

Like I said, I've only been deep sea fishing once, and I've only done a little bit of inshore fishing.  Most of my experience is on the Savannah River, or some smaller rivers, and on lakes.  I used to live on Lake Marion, which is the largest lake in the Santee-Cooper chain, so catfish, bream, crappie, striper, and largemouth are what I'm familiar with.
Report Spam   Logged

NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, Everyday Hunter, ASADSPA, and Proud SC redneck still flying the Stars and Bars.
bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:02 am »

I havent done much fishing sence I moved back to NY. Usually if I go it is to take the boys out to drop their lines, they enjoy it, exspesually my little one.
Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
holly

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 10:47:07 am »

Yes realy need to get my boat ready and do some bass fishing .Strippers start here prety soon .
Report Spam   Logged
smcalvin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 06:48:22 pm »

Now Strippers are some good eats!   (the fish of course...  grin )
Report Spam   Logged

Steve
holly

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 09:51:52 pm »

Yes .Like those stripper and bass .
Report Spam   Logged
rthomas

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:03 am »

I like fishing for stripers, but have no problem with eating strippers!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Den

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 03:33:31 am »

I like fishing for stripers, but have no problem with eating strippers!!!!!!!!!!!

grin  grin  grin

Den.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE Photobucket

©Copyright information.

All images are the property of American Sportsmen's Alliance,disabled sportsmens alliance of america, thus owned by the owner of this board(JJL). Use is prohibited without written permission of the owner of this board.

All rights reserved by the site admin/owner of www.dspalliance.com. Owner reserves the right to deactivate accounts at anytime for improper use.
Bookmark this site!