/American Sportsmen's Alliance/DSPAlliance
AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE,Disabled Sportsmen's Alliance of America
June 20, 2019, 05:02:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links contact us Staff List Login Register Chat  

How your beam of light strikes a predator is important for night time success

Recent Items

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: bear03

Views: 54
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 7
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 13
Comments (0)
By: rthomas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How your beam of light strikes a predator is important for night time success  (Read 156 times)
uncle buck

« on: December 01, 2011, 01:50:05 pm »

You hit a predator at night time with the direct beam of a white light and he or she is long gone.. You can use a white light but you need to remember to light the critter up with the bottom of the beam not the direct beam.. Shoot the white beam over the horizone and drop it ever so slowly down toward the critter.. The bottom of the beam will hit it first.. keep it there. this is a good thing to do when hunting with a partner. the person doing the calling works the white beam down to illuminte the predator with the bottom of the white beam.. The shooter then take the shot.. You have a way to communicate if your going to use this partner type of shooting set up with white lights.. to hit a a preator with a direct white beam it over!!

Red beam can be more directly hit on the center of a predator... I like to keep my shooting light high on my scope not on the barrel.. This way the main beam of the light shoots over the predator when you are looking at it through the scope.. You take your shot.. With the new Kill Lights the predator is let up but not in the direct beam of the light.. You will even see the recticles inside the socpe let up too and the fox.. This is yet another negative reason why the light should not be affixed to the barrel... Also many feel that a light attached to the barrel addn not   zero'd in with the light on during shooting your gun in will be off if you attach it to the barrel right before the hunt.. I like my shooting light on the top of the scope also for this reason...

Yellow lights are better then red lights during full moon periods, over snow on dark nights.. Problem is that all the predators eyes will be white when you use a yellow light.  Using red pop cover light  I can almost tell by the color of the eyes what the predator is.  The new red led lights are so good that all the animals you call in will have red eyes.. You have to be careful could be a deer and you think it a large coyote..

Now many people are using green led to shoot with.. I'm going to keep my new green led high on my scope with hopes it doesn't scare away the critters.  We shall soon see. Also I 'm going to put a hood on my green led too.. This stops the glare from when hunting with other people near by and stops it from shinning off building, bushes, and houses.  you can make your own hoods for lights using soda bottles but try to use something real light for the hoods... i use those foam KAN KOOLER. I cut the bottom out and use that as my hoods.. They are light weight and they work fine.. You can find the can koolers in novelty stores,  craft stores, and hanging on the sides in big hunting stores.. why the ones in the hunting stores like Basspro will even be camo'd,  however I like to use black or red kan koolers..   
Report Spam   Logged

bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:00:35 am »

I gots me a nice new stream light green led, outdoorsman series light, oh this thing is sweet, use it all the time at night now.
Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
rmathews3

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 03:52:21 pm »

I use the red primos. I just got it at the end of last season. The thing burns up that 6 volt battery real quick.
Report Spam   Logged
ScottNeal

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 08:56:49 am »

You hit a predator at night time with the direct beam of a white light and he or she is long gone.. You can use a white light but you need to remember to light the critter up with the bottom of the beam not the direct beam.. Shoot the white beam over the horizone and drop it ever so slowly down toward the critter.. The bottom of the beam will hit it first.. keep it there. this is a good thing to do when hunting with a partner. the person doing the calling works the white beam down to illuminte the predator with the bottom of the white beam.. The shooter then take the shot.. You have a way to communicate if your going to use this partner type of shooting set up with white lights.. to hit a a preator with a direct white beam it over!!

Red beam can be more directly hit on the center of a predator... I like to keep my shooting light high on my scope not on the barrel.. This way the main beam of the light shoots over the predator when you are looking at it through the scope.. You take your shot.. With the new Kill Lights the predator is let up but not in the direct beam of the light.. You will even see the recticles inside the socpe let up too and the fox.. This is yet another negative reason why the light should not be affixed to the barrel... Also many feel that a light attached to the barrel addn not   zero'd in with the light on during shooting your gun in will be off if you attach it to the barrel right before the hunt.. I like my shooting light on the top of the scope also for this reason...

Yellow lights are better then red led lights during full moon periods, over snow on dark nights.. Problem is that all the predators eyes will be white when you use a yellow light.  Using red pop cover light  I can almost tell by the color of the eyes what the predator is.  The new red led lights are so good that all the animals you call in will have red eyes.. You have to be careful could be a deer and you think it a large coyote..

Now many people are using green led to shoot with.. I'm going to keep my new green led high on my scope with hopes it doesn't scare away the critters.  We shall soon see. Also I 'm going to put a hood on my green led too.. This stops the glare from when hunting with other people near by and stops it from shinning off building, bushes, and houses.  you can make your own hoods for lights using soda bottles but try to use something real light for the hoods... i use those foam KAN KOOLER. I cut the bottom out and use that as my hoods.. They are light weight and they work fine.. You can find the can koolers in novelty stores,  craft stores, and hanging on the sides in big hunting stores.. why the ones in the hunting stores like Basspro will even be camo'd,  however I like to use black or red kan koolers.. 

Useful information.. Never hit a predator with straight beam light but I will try my luck soon.. Hope it works well
Report Spam   Logged
Mongojoe
The boss
Head Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 09:27:40 am »

ScottNeal... Just wanted to welcome you to the forum... It's a little slow, but we are hoping it will pick back up... Again, Welcome, glad to have you join us..... Please, go up to "Member Introduction", and tell us a little about yourself.

Mongo
Report Spam   Logged

Seems to me that "Time" is merely an artificial concept, created by man, with which to hassel himself.
holly

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 05:25:33 pm »

Welcome aboard Scott .Need more talking on here .
Report Spam   Logged
bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 08:01:25 am »

welcome aboard Scott, pull up a stump and and share some stories or tips of your own.  as was stated above it is kinda slow here and always looking for new members to join in so bring some friends along. again welcome aboard and looking forward to your pos.t
Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
rthomas

Live to hunt, hunt to live!

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:58 am »

Yep, welcome, we need an infusion of new blood!
Report Spam   Logged

NRA LM, NAHC LM, Buckmasters LM, Second Amendment Foundation, GOA, NAGR, Palmetto Gun Rights, Everyday Hunter, ASADSPA, and Proud SC redneck still flying the Stars and Bars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE Photobucket

©Copyright information.

All images are the property of American Sportsmen's Alliance,disabled sportsmens alliance of america, thus owned by the owner of this board(JJL). Use is prohibited without written permission of the owner of this board.

All rights reserved by the site admin/owner of www.dspalliance.com. Owner reserves the right to deactivate accounts at anytime for improper use.
Bookmark this site!