/American Sportsmen's Alliance/DSPAlliance
AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE,Disabled Sportsmen's Alliance of America
June 20, 2019, 04:58:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links contact us Staff List Login Register Chat  

Curious

Recent Items

Views: 4
Comments (0)
By: bear03

Views: 54
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 7
Comments (0)
By: holly

Views: 13
Comments (0)
By: rthomas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious  (Read 120 times)
bear03
Founder/Trustee
Head Admin

Founder/ Webmaster

« on: August 18, 2008, 05:46:29 am »

leep
Fawn

Curious:
« Thread Started on Sept 19, 2007, 8:54pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realize that most people equate fly fishing with areas out west here in my direction and or Alaska, perhaps B.C An absolutely and very large area. but, I know that there are great area in the east that offer really good fly fishing opportunities.
My absolute favorite place is Rock Creek, which is really a small river. great fishing and beautiful scenery.
I also have fished successfully the Blackfoot, the Gallatin, The Big Hole, The Clark Fork, Spotted Bear, which is 50 miles back a dirt road, the Jefferson, and various places in YellowStone Park, Slough Creek being my favorite there.
Anybody???

Leep: 
 Link to Post - Back to Top   69.144.28.249

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bear03
Head Admin

DSAlliance Founder/Trustee/Code3 gamecalls prostaff
member is online

Big Papa Bear

Re: Curious:
« Reply #1 on Sept 19, 2007, 8:59pm »   

Well I would love to share a story about fly fishing but I dont know how. Although it is something that I have been talking to my wife that I would like to get into. I have investigated cost to start and I find it can be costly. 
 Link to Post - Back to Top   Logged

http://www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Mongojoe
head moderator

The Boss

Top Mod

« Reply #2 on Sept 20, 2007, 8:28am »   

I have never fly fished.... About 45 or so years ago my parents gave me a bamboo fly rod, a reel, line, a few leaders, flies, and other odds and ends, one Christmas...and altho I still have them, they have never been used... Fly fishing for trout is something I had always wanted to try, but just never really had the oppertunity. 
 Link to Post - Back to Top   70.142.52.48

Seems to me that "Time" is merely an artificial concept, created by man, with which to hassel himself.

papabear
Four point buck

my dog "OZ"

« Reply #3 on Sept 20, 2007, 3:51pm »   

I love to fly to fly fish i do it for trout and large mouth bass also pan fish
i have Buddy's who d it for salt water fishing I'm not that good but i do enjoy wetting a fly and seeing the fish rise on it in the spring and early fall theres nothing like a day fly fishing 
 Link to Post - Back to Top   64.12.117.208

For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do

Hands

IM me

« Reply #4 on Sept 29, 2007, 3:13am »   

I somehow envisioned you as a flyfisherman Leep; I surely wish I could do it.
I fish like the other stereotypical southerners...rod and reel or cane pole. flyfishing though, it's something I have been wanting to learn to do. I always akin it to an "artful way of fishing". 
 Link to Post - Back to Top   12.181.12.68

Report Spam   Logged

www.camospace.com/bear03
www.myspace.com/turkey06
D.H. Lawrence Self-Pity I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMERICAN SPORTSMEN'S ALLIANCE Photobucket

©Copyright information.

All images are the property of American Sportsmen's Alliance,disabled sportsmens alliance of america, thus owned by the owner of this board(JJL). Use is prohibited without written permission of the owner of this board.

All rights reserved by the site admin/owner of www.dspalliance.com. Owner reserves the right to deactivate accounts at anytime for improper use.
Bookmark this site!